Monday, August 6, 2007

A little Hip Hop

For the last 4 weeks I've been taking a hip hop class and it is so fun!
I'm the kind of person who always needs to be doing something different or new for myself. Don't get me wrong I love being home with the kids, but sometimes I feel like all I do is help the kids to learn and grown, while I sit on a stand still. I'm so used to having work or school and the last couple months I haven't had that. So I started my 'me time' by joining an adult hip hop class. I may look like a goof when I try and do the moves, but it is sooo much fun.
The class is at Maddie's gymnastics place; and while in the class I became friends with the owner (who isn't much older than me) of the place and also a very prominent person in the school district, who is looking for someone in Special Ed to work twice a week. So I guess this hip hop class must be destiny! :)
In the class we learn whole dances to songs as well as tricks-including the tricks in the pictures. We are also learning the beginning steps of spinning on your head (I doubt I'll ever get there).
I think I'll continue these classes for awhile, but my next thing is Spanish classes.
Audios Amigos

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

That sounds like alot of fun! Good for you to always find some Mommy time! I tried that with a kickboxing class or even going tanning, but every time I would go Troy would give me a hard time about not spending time with him when he is home...maybe during the winter when he is around ALL the time it might be different....

Robnz Fam said...

Em, you inspire me!! Do you have any recitals coming up soon?? Or do they do that?

Emilyjo said...

Carrol, no recitals-thank goodness-that would be embarrising! It's just for fun.

SaRa MaRiE said...

thats so kewl! i hav fun in dance also!