Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Madelyn's first day of Ballet


Maddie started her first class of ballet today. She had so much fun! But I'm afraid she has a bit of a competitive side. Every time the line started without her in front she would make her way up to be the leader by the time they got to the other side of the floor. It's funny to watch because she's pretty subtle about it. I'll be watching her and then realize that she is in front again. Before we went, I had to convince her not to wear her Cinderella shoes and her sparkly necklaces-she wanted to be all glamoured up for her dance class. We haven't got the pink tights and ballet shoes yet-but she'll have them for next week.

In this video the teacher told them they could do whatever they wanted, but they had to do it slow. All the other kids copied what the teacher was doing-but Maddie knew she said they could choose what they do-so she did. And notice how she makes sure she is the first one done.

Once again, Maddie becomes the first one in line. oh, well. Her class was so fun for me to watch! I can't believe she's old enough to be in dance.

4 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Maddie looks so cute!! And she looks like she really is enjoying dancing! That fairy skirt came in handy!I'm glad you posted videos too.

Alisha Wilkins said...

How cute! I love their attempts at skating! Too funny! :) I can't believe you have a kid old enough to be in dancing! LOL

Robnz Fam said...

So cute, I bet that's a blast watching your little girl dance and play like that...I can't wait!

Randy & Chanc Nicole said...

That was so much fun! Maddie is very sly. She looks like a natural though. I love her "own" ballet dance.