Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pool Scare

So, I take my kids swimming every week (including last week). Now they are saying there is an epidemic and all Utah pools are being closed down, or are no longer able to let kids 5 and under in. Scary! Thank goodness none of us got sick! Looks like I'll have to get the blow up pool out and break it to Maddie that there will be no more big pool and water slides this Summer.

Also, today I got all signed up as a substitute teacher. I know it sounds uneventful, but it's a way for me to stay close to the school districts and earn points for my Level 2 teaching licence, all without actually having to go everyday and make lesson plans. This way I get to go into lots of schools and I get to choose which days I work (which will be whatever days Andy has off of work). I'm excited and the pay isn't to horrible.

2 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

I'm so glad you posted this!! I had no idea!! Seth and I were going to go to Seven Peaks again last night but things kept happening so we finally just bagged the idea...now I know why!!! I just started swimming aerobics too, is this epidemic in adults as well as babies??

Nicole said...

My nephew got a form of giardia from a pool down in Kaysville and was sick for more than a few weeks- couldn't eat, get out of bed, etc. It was pretty bad. It sounds like Mayhem in Utah! That's too bad. Good luck teaching. That sounds like it is a great opportunity for you.