Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Lovely Sunday

Today was a nice relaxing Sunday. Church was great-full of great speakers and the kids were good. I am still very impressed with our little 12 year old Sunday school class. They are all very intelligent and know the scriptures much better than I did at that age. Do you girls even remember listening or participating during Sunday school when we were 12? All I remember is being sent to sit in the corner or chalk being thrown at me. Don't get me wrong the kids do get distracted and off on tangents, but they are wonderful kids that are easy to teach and do fun things with. I really love this calling.
After church we went out to Clarkston for dinner with Andy's parents, grandparents, and sister. It was a wonderful evening with good food and games. While we were out there, we say a beautiful rainbow.

Maddie standing in front of the rainbow.

The kids playing with my sunglasses on the ride home.

3 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

I love days like that! You can't forget (wasn't sunday school) but in YW getting the lesson manual thrown at us! Good times!!
Didn't we mostly skip sunday school and go somewhere to eat?!?! :)

Robnz Fam said...

Oh how funny!! Didn't that chalk give you a welt? I'm pretty sure it did!!! Remember that one time that you moved my chair when I went to sit down (sister manning's class) and I fell flat on my bum! Yeah...we ended up in the Bishop's office for that one!!! Good times!

Robnz Fam said...

P.S...I LOVE YOUR BLOG...I love you too ;0)