Saturday, November 15, 2008

Some Family Time

Andy had Thursday and Friday off work, which was so nice to have him around! He helped me a ton with things I've been putting off, like scrubbing the bathtubs and bathroom floors and getting the boxes of Christmas stuff out. Also we were able to go do a few things with the kids that I've been avoiding because it is just to tiring to take them some places by myself.


Thursday night we went to Pizza Hut so Maddie could redeem her book-it certificate for a free pizza. She was very proud of the badge they gave her for reading 20 books.

Then we did a little Christmas browsing and let the kids point out some things they would like to ask Santa for.
Maddie was so sweet to not forget her baby sister that will be here before Christmas. She made sure and picked some things to put on babies list for Christmas.
Then we went home and had banana splits, put the kids to bed, and Andy and I watched a movie.
Friday we took the kids swimming as soon as Maddie got out of school.
Maddie has been wanting to go for awhile, but Garen is kind of a hard one to take-he runs away, he cries at the cold water and its hard to get me and 2 kids dried and dressed in this huge slow state I'm in.
So we were glad Andy could come with us. We had a left over water camera from Andy's fishing trip that we took. I was excited to see the pictures since we were getting some good ones of the kids under water, but when I went to pick it up at the photo place they said the film was to damaged-I was bummed.
But we had a great time swimming. Garen preferred the hot tub over the big pool that was a bit chilly. But Maddie was having a blast! After swimming we let the kids go to the play area for a little while where Andy helped them build a big block house.
Garen is trying to so hard to help, but just knocking it all over, pretty funny-
Of course a big block house is no fun without knocking it over-
Then we headed to our neighbors house for dinner. She made us some very yummy ribs and twice backed potatoes followed by a double chocolate cake. It was super good and I didn't have to cook! Of course while we were there Garen made a huge mess of his cake and managed to pull a ton of popcorn seeds out of their movie popcorn maker and throw them all over their carpet.
So Andy went back to work this morning and I am missing having him around already! At least he'll get some time off when we have the baby! It was definitely a nice two days having him around not just for all the help with the kids and cleaning either! ;)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I also love it when my hubby can be home from work. It take so much pressure off of me.
You guys are so good at getting out and doing stuff as well. The block house looked like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice when daddy come home...

Kelsie said...

I love this picture of GAren eating pizza. he looks like a big boy now... he will always be a little 1 year old to me.. its crazy now jordyn is 18 months.. they grow to fast.... hey by the way i forgot to tell you.. we have been trying for 2 months now.. YEA!! hopefully it wont take a year like last time.. haha