Friday, November 21, 2008

Week at a glance-

Monday
Andy put up our Christmas lights and brought up all our boxes of Christmas stuff. Now we have everything out for Christmas minus the tree. We always get a real tree and it's still a little early for that. I love the way the Christmas decorations and lights make everything seem so festive and cozy!
Garen helping Andy hang the lights-


He thought he was pretty cool up on that ladder-

I can't believe we will have 5 stockings hung this Christmas, I still need one for baby-

That night we got to have the missionaries over for dinner. The kids loved them and it was neat to hear about their experiences in Rock Springs.

Tuesday
Maddie got to wear her Pajamas to school. She thought this was awesome! And Maddie had a blast with her friends at gymnastics. I took the five 5-year olds from the ward over to the gym and they were so hyper, I felt bad for the gymnastics coach who had to try and teach these crazy girls!
Maddie couldn't stop laughing long enough for a normal picture so you get a laughing pj picture-



Wednesday
Clifford the big red dog visited Maddie's school.
After school I helped at Maddie's primary activity. They made thank yous for their moms and dads and played some Thanksgiving games. While they were waiting for the parents to come the kids were playing red rover. They called on Maddie like every time. I think the older kids thought it was fun to watch her run so fast and try so hard but end up being caught everytime. She's just to little to break through.

Thursday
The theme at school today was "business day" so Maddie got to wear a dress.

Garen and I went to play group at the indoor playground. He had a great time playing with the other 25 kids!



After school we went to the library. I think it's really neat that the library coordinates with the school and has after school activities. The kids love picking out books and movies and Maddie liked making her little scarecrow.

Maddie taking on 2 dinosaurs-

Garen spent the entire hour and a half that we were there playing quietly with this-

When we got home it was almost dinnertime and I just didn't feel like cooking so I told Andy to meet us at McDonald's (Maddie's choice). The only reason I like McDonald's is because I get to talk to Andy while we eat and I don't have to tell the kids to be quiet or to sit down.


After we got the kids to bed Andy got to go play basketball with some people in our stake. He was excited to finally find a place to play. The city leagues here only have games on Sundays so I'm glad he found another group to play with.

Friday

I went to the doctor this morning for my 36 week checkup. Everything looks perfect, I'm measuring at 37 weeks, and I'm dilated to a tiny 1 centimeter. We'll see where it goes from here!We got to have my neighbors 6 month old baby for a couple hours this evening too. The kids love him and it was fun to have a little baby here. It helps that he is a super good baby!

My goal is to have all my Christmas shopping done by next week, wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jann said...

What a cute dress. Maddie looks so pretty! Garen must of had a great time helping with the lights. I'm glad you were able to get all your Christmas stuff out. You guys have had another busy week! I'm glad things went well at your appointment today.
Take care!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

I cant believe you are so close to having this baby!! Wow good luck with getting everything ready! Maddie looks so cute in her business atire. You had quite a busy week~!

Johnsons said...

Holy crap! I can't believe it's almost time for the sweet little girl to come.

Jenni said...

Hurray! I love that you are already putting your Christmas stuff up. You are always able to stay so busy and keep your kids entertained. I hope I can be more like that as a Mom.

Lotte said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting - I'm going to have to yell at Branda for not telling me!