Friday, November 7, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conference

Last night we went to our first (of many) parent/teacher conferences. Maddie has such a great teacher and she really loves it and that's the most important thing. The teacher had great things to say about Maddie. How quickly she catches on to new concepts and how well her reading is coming along.
The teacher did tell us that they just got two new (wild) boys in the class this last week and Maddie has befriended them. This new friendship has also got Maddie put at the timeout table-a first for her. The teacher said Maddie does very well on her work and follows instructions except for this week. I just had to laugh when Mrs. Magnuson said Maddie was chasing the boys around the room.
I guess you can't sit quietly and work all day long, right!? I know I didn't when I was in Kindergarten and I was only there for a couple hours a day not 6 hours.
Maddie made this picture just now and really wanted me to post it. It says I love Garen, Jann, mom, dad-
Also last night, in the middle of the night Garen woke us up with crying and a bed full of throw up! I don't know what the deal is-we all keep getting sick. I have been washing and lysoling and cleaning everything. I went and got us all new toothbrushes this morning. I don't know what else to do to keep these nasty bugs away.

Garen did recover very quickly and was fine today, but I've about had it with this flu bug going around!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is a funny story about Maddie. Sorry to hear you are all sick. I hope you figure it out soon.