Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. This was the first year Andy and I have spent the holiday away from family. I missed my parents and siblings and the 50 or 60 cousins that are always there! I missed the talent show and basketball games. And we missed Andy's family and the card game playing!

But we are blessed to have some wonderful neighbors that we got to spend the day with. Crystal did an amazing job on all the delicious food!

Andy worked all morning, came home for a few hours to eat and then he had to head back for awhile. Then tomorrow (black Friday) he will be gone from 4AM-9:30PM! A few more days like that and the kids and I are really going to need a break from each other.

And in honor of Thanksgiving here a just a few of the things I am truly grateful for:

-The gospel and the fact that it is the same whether I am in Idaho, Utah, or Rock Springs, Wyoming! And for the happiness and knowledge it brings me.

-My hard working, very caring husband!

-For Maddie who notices when I am super tired and have had enough; then takes it upon herself to get Garen ready for bed or to clean her room.

-For Garen who always does or says something to make us all laugh. By the way this Thanksgiving he is thankful for "hiccups."

-For the miracle of life and the chance to have another sweet spirit in our home in a couple weeks.

-For a warm and cozy house to sit in as it snows and freezes outside (we had a bit of snow this morning).

-For the constant love and support of my mom, dad, sisters, brothers, and in-laws! Where would we be without family.

-And I have to add in that I am thankful for all the yummy food especially the desserts! ;)

I guess the kids weren't in the mood to give Thanksgiving a shout out, but Happy Thanksgiving anyway!!!-

3 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Duane D said...

It sure is fun to watch your family grow and hear about all the fun things you do. Thanks for letting me read your blog. Sure do miss you as neighbors...

Duane & Pam

suz young said...

We sure missed your family at the Young Thanksgiving dinner and program. What wonderful things to be thankful for, and realizing that they are blessings in your life and having gratitude for each one explains your inner joy! We are thankful for you and your family.