Thursday, November 13, 2008

Family Update...

Garen
Garen and I have been enjoying our alone time together during the day! He is so much fun and very entertaining! He can now name all his colors, shapes, and letters and he's about got his counting down. He plays with cars and trains all day long and if he has a toy that isn't a car or train he turns it into one.
One of Garen's favorite places to play is inside this storage Ottoman. He hides in there and makes beds in there-
We go to storytime at the library on Mondays, which Garen loves but still will not participate in the games. And we meet his playgroup at the rec. center on Thursdays. He loves going there except when the other kids touch his giant blocks.
It's been over a month since Garen has taken a nap so I have pretty much given up hope that naptime will resume.
We've tried introducing potty training to him, but he is terrified of the toilet and refuses to go near it even with the little potty on top. I am so not ready for 2 kids in diapers, but it looks like that is what's going to happen unless by some miracle Garen looses his fear of the toilet in the next couple weeks!
He's growing like crazy! He's big enough and strong enough now to take down his sister. Maddie hasn't had a growth spurt in awhile so he's almost as tall as her! Sometimes when I'm doing laundry I get their jeans mixed up!


Madelyn
I cannot believe how grownup this girl is getting!!! She was making a turkey the other day and we didn't have what she needed so she says, "oh well, I guess I'll have to improvise." When did she turn into an adult?
Maddie is loving school so much! She has so many friends and the nicest teacher. Her reading and writing are really coming along!!!
I have recently discovered she has a little worry bug like her dad did. She will complain about a stomach ache every so often and I will give her some tums, make her drink more water, or have her soak in the tub. Then after a few hours of complaining about her stomach she will bring up some topic that has her worried.
We went through this a couple weeks ago with fire drills and school fire safety.
It came again last night. Last night after I tended to her tummy she said she was afraid of the dark at school. After talking with her I learned they have been practicing 'lock-down' drills. They turn off the lights and all the kids have to huddle in the little kitchen area. Obviously the teacher explained that we do this if a bad guy comes to the school. Maddie thought bad guys weren't real and now we've had to discuss that not all people are good. I try to reassure her that no bad guys will come to school and her teachers will keep her safe, but she now worries about a fire starting and a bad guy coming to school.
Maddie can't wait for her baby sister to get here. She always wants to know exactly what day of the week the baby will arrive. She doesn't get that the baby comes when it's ready.
Maddie has been so helpful with clean up time and with preparing things for baby. She loves folding and hanging the tiny baby clothes and loves to ask if she used to wear it. We put up the bassinet and Maddie has put it to good use with her dolls and animals.
I don't know what I would do without my Maddie!
She is so good at taking care of Garen. She gets him his blanket when he's sad, she gets him a snack or drink when he's hungry. She plays cars and hide and go seek with him. And she even puts him in timeout when he's naughty (that one isn't quite so helpful).

Baby Girl
35 Weeks and counting-

I know, I"m huge! I have now surpassed my ending weight with Garen-dang it! But everything looks great. My blood pressure hasn't changed a bit from the beginning and I'm measuring just a touch big (so hopefully she'll come early). The baby's heart rate is perfect and she is head down and ready to come out!
I go to the doctor every week now, so it's just a matter of time.
While we wait I've been trying to get a few things ready like Christmas shopping and going through all the baby stuff I already have and deciding what else I need.
Getting ready-
Well, that's what we have been up to. I can't leave out Andy. He's been helping me around the house a ton and he works all the time-that's about it!

7 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Oh Em! You have the cutest kids! How funny that little Maddie worries so much! That must be hard for her to learn a little more about this scary world!
Have you tried using just a separate little potty for Garen?!?!? I have been told by alot of people that just sitting up so far off the ground can totally freak out the little ones, whereas using the little potty where their feet don't come off the ground helps...just a thought.

I always just see you at the beginning of your pregnancies and then after with the sweet little ones. It's weird to see you with a '9 month' belly! You look fabulous (from what I could see!!!)
You mentioned this before, but after you have the baby YOU BETTER BRING HER TO IDAHO to get some pics and for me to see her! We can totally do family pictures too! :) And some friends too....
okay, I'll stop!
Looks like things are just coming right along! Good luck with all the weekly visits! aaahhhhh! It's coming! :)

Johnsons said...

So I just typed up this huge comment, and then Google freaked out and deleted it all! Anyway, it basically said we miss you all. And ask Andy about his stomach ache in Mrs Dent's class.

Nicole said...

What a fun update. I can't believe 1) your kids are getting so grown up. Maddie's improvise story is a keeper. 2) you are due so soon! Your belly looks like a 9 month pregnant belly should! Healthy and full of life. I mean that in the best possible way.

Sorry to hear about Maddie's worries. I would have no idea what to do. You are such a good mom. I'm glad to hear all seems to be going well.

dersley said...

What a cute update. Garen sounds like such a smartie. And let me know when you figure out how to get a little boy to potty train. Lucas couldn't care less about the whole thing. Lilly was afraid of the toilet for a long too and then one day just decided she wasn't.
And I feel so bad that Maddie has to get scared about things they have to teach her at school. I hate that little five year olds have to learn how to be safe from bad guys. I'm glad she has a good mommy to help her feel better.
And with the update on your other kids it has me very excited to see number 3. You have very cute kids.

SAYDA said...

You look like you're all set for #3! Good luck!
Sayda

Jenni said...

You have some really cute kids. Maddie is the perfect older sister and I can just see her being a really good Mom someday. I love all the pictures of the baby stuff. Wow, soon you'll have 3 kids. You're amazing.

B-la said...

Cute tummy! I love it. I wish I could see you! I know you feel huge, but you create such beautiful babies! So it is so worth it! I can't wait to see you again!