Sunday, December 14, 2008

Waiting for sister.


As you can tell by the empty matching baby dress that Maddie is holding, our baby girl is still in the oven. I think she knows it is -16 degrees here and she wants to stay where it is warm.
This is the closest I've ever gotten to my due date. I've never had to be induced but I am so ready for her to come that I might just let them do it. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and we'll see were it goes from there.

Here are some pictures of Maddie and Garen in their matching Christmas attire before church today-



It was not easy to get a good shot. Garen wanted the book, then he didn't want to stand up, then the two of them started wrestling and smacked their heads together. At least Maddie was trying to make him feel better-

If you look closely you can see a nice red bonk on both of their foreheads-

Andy's mom came out on Friday to beat the snow storms and to be here to help when the baby arrives. We didn't think we would have to wait this long for the new baby to get here. My last Dr. appointment I was 100% effaced and about 4 centimeters and the doctor didn't think I would make it through the weekend. But here it is Sunday night and no sign of her.
The kids are really enjoying their time with grandma Jann.
They all made some very yummy sugar cookies yesterday. The kids had a blast making a huge cookie dough and flour mess.-


So everybody cross your fingers for me that my next post is about the new baby and not about being huge and uncomfortable. ;)

6 comments:

Mandi said...

I totally know how you feel. I hope that your little lady decides to come soon. With Maddie I went five days early...but felt over due because the other 2 were 10 days early. I can't wait to check your blog to see when she comes. Oh, and I hope that is warms up.

Natalie Gottwald said...

Good luck Emily!! Can't wait to see here cute face. For the holidays we are spending them in Utah, but we will get together with my family down here in Utah, next year we plan to spend Christmas in Idaho, because my sister Amy and her family are going to be there, so it should be fun!! Good Luck with everything!!!

Robnz Fam said...

Em! I have the perfect thing for you to do...sit on one of those excersize balls aka 'birthing balls' and roll it from underneath you. When I was dialated to a 2 I did this and the next day I was at a 4...I swear by it. Think of soft melting taffy while you do it :0).
Good luck, Love you tons, and post pictures ASAP!!!

Aubrey said...

Good luck! Hopefully it will be soon! I saw your mom at church yesterday and she said she was headed to your place today. She should be stopping by to pick something up. Can't wait to see pictures of the new addition. You make them so beautiful!
Sayda

Alisha Wilkins said...

Good luck! You are totally going to have that baby soon...100% and at a 4??!?!?!? I am surprised your Dr. just sent you home...mine would have sent me to deliver-and I never complained :)

Post some pics when your life slows down a little!

Nicole said...

Those pictures are cute. I'm sure they're both giddy with excitement for the new little baby. Good luck Em! I can't wait to see all the pictures.