Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sophie Mae is here!!!

"Hi, I'm Sophia Mae Pugmire, and you can call me Sophie"-


So I went to the doctor Monday morning and from there headed to the hospital. They had to break my water this time, it was about 12:30 then. And Sophie was born at 4:35pm. I went ahead and got my epidural, but sadly something went wrong and it did not work. So I got to push her out all natural, which I don't think I would do again if I have the choice.

She weighed 8pounds 8ounces and was 18 inches long. So short and chubby. It is cute to see her already chubby cheeks and legs.
Maddie and Garen came to see her at about 7pm. Maddie couldn't take her hands off her. She just wanted to hold her and touch her hair. Garen on the other hand didn't want anything to do with her. He wouldn't even give me a hug until I wasn't holding the baby.
My girls-
Our first family picture, I look so good I think I will use it for our Christmas card :0 J/K- I look terrible
Sophie and I are both doing great and we got to come home today (Tues.) about 2pm. I'm so glad she is here and part of our family now-no more waiting!
My parents are now on their way here and Andy's mom has been her and has been a huge help with Maddie and Garen! We'll have more pictures coming soon!

16 comments:

Korbi said...

Oh yeah! How exciting! Congratulations! She is beautiful of course and P.S. I LOVE Garen's Christmas pants! :)

Ben and Sara said...

She is so cute!! I can't wait to see her!

Lotte said...

She's adorable! Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

Johnsons said...

What a sweet, sweet face. I wish we could have come to see her right away. Get lots of rest.

Robnz Fam said...

Oh Em! I just want to cry! I wish I could be there so much, just to hold that perfect little angel and to give you the biggest hug ever! Congratulations Em and Family! I'm so happy for you all...what a beautiful, beautiful family of 5 now! I can't believe how big and healthy she looks! You did a great job being pregnant with her! I still can't believe you have three kids now, but I'm so glad because they are all so perfect :0). I love that pic of Maddi and Sophie, priceless! I can't tell who she looks like though? Who do you think she looks like? Take care of yourself Em!! Love ya!

Robnz Fam said...

P.S. you should post pics of Maddie, Garen, and Sophie so we can see who she looks like the most :). That last one with Andy holding her looks alot like a Young!! Gorgeous!

Aubrey said...

This is Sayda, not Aubrey!Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I'm glad she is here and you both are well. Hope your parents made it ok. I love the picture of Maddie holding Sophie too. That is priceless. Sophie! (just like my granddaughter) I love the name. It sounds so mature and so classy.

Kelsie said...

She is so beautiful!!! WoW what a cutie she is...I'm so glad you guys are both doing good and glad to see that she is finally here... YEA!!! I just wish we were still neighbors so I cold Hold that cute little chunky monkey.... Take Care and Tell the Family Congrats... we miss and love you... Merry Christmas... and she is sooo beautiful...

dersley said...

Emily!!!! I have been checking your blog faithfully waiting for the news. I am so excited for you!!! Sophie is beautiful! I think that is so cute the Maddie loved her and Garen wanted nothing to do with her. Gald everything went well except for the epidural not working. That stinks.
Sophie looks like one of those babies that is so cute everybody just loves to hold her. She makes me wish I could reach into my computer and rock her!

Congrats!

B-la said...

Love her! I can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks! Congratulations to you and your family. I can't believe how it's growing. You're now a beautiful family of 5! When we met, Maddie was a little baby. Time flies!

Love you and miss you!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Em! You're amazing. I hope you're doing ok and I hope you'll heal quick. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! All of it- little Sophie and Maddie are precious. I'm so happy for you and Andy. I can't wait to meet little Sophie. Merry Christmas!

Deven and Keri said...

She is so adorable....she fits into the family nicely! I hope all is well and you are doing alright with the recovery. Congratulation! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Love the name too! It's always amazing to put a face to the little one you have been carrying for 9 months! Oh I just want to squeeze those cheeks! I can't wait to see her and to hug you!
Congrats Pugmires!

Jenni said...

I'm so happy to hear that she is here. She looks so cute in all the pictures. And wow, no epidural, you are an amazing woman. I can't wait to see more pictures of her.

Natalie Gottwald said...

She is so cute!! What a task, 3!! Well good luck and we wish you all well this holiday season!!

Mandi said...

Congratulations!