Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Tree


Saturday night we went and picked out our Christmas tree. Growing up we had a real tree every year and Andy has let us continue that tradition for the 7 Christmas's we've had together. Sometimes it it can be a pain and they can make a mess, but I love having the real tree and it making the whole house smell like Christmas!!!
We're used to always having a truck to throw the tree in but this year we just had the van and no rope so we managed to shove it in. Good thing we didn't have to go very far-
The kids were super excited to decorate it and to see it all lit up! Andy had to cut about 8 inches off of it because it was to big to fit in our family room-whoops.

Maddie has taken it upon herself to make sure the tree is watered each day, and Garen just likes to take the ornaments off and then shove them back into the tree somewhere.
I love Christmas time so much, it just lifts my spirits every morning to come downstairs to the tree and all the Christmas decorations!
I think it's so cute the way Garen says 'Christmas tree.' It comes out 'mitmiss.' So I don't know what butterflies he's talking about in the video but you get to hear his cute way of saying Christmas.-

Sunday was a busy day for me. Andy had to work all morning. And I had to talk in sacrament meeting, and Maddie had a talk in primary, and I had to plan my lesson. So I spent the morning trying to prepare everything and get me and the kids ready. But it all went well. I got my talk over with (I don't really like talking in sacrament meeting!), Maddie did a great job with her talk, and we had a few extra kids plus the sunbeams in our class, but they did surprisingly well considering the lesson was on the serious subject of the Resurrection.

After church we went to some friends house for dinner. Their little girl is Maddie's best friend and in her Kindergarten class and they have a little boy just older than Garen. They are a fun couple to get with, and the dad is the new anesthesiologist here, so he will be doing my epidural.

7 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Make sure you make that anesthesiologist one of your BEST friends so that he makes sure he isn't busy when that baby comes! :)

I don't like talking in Sacrament either! :)
You are always such a busy woman! You amaze me!

Alisha Wilkins said...

P.S. I forgot to mention that I LOVED how you just have a picture of a tree in the back of your van! HILARIOUS!

The Davies Family said...

How fun! I am jealous! we are coming to Utah for Christmas so we aren't doing the whole 'decorate the house' bit..we leave in two weeks though so I can't complain too much! The kids are so excited!
The picture of the tree in the van was hilarious..'watch out Maddie!' but you do what you gotta do right? us moms and our vans..we've taken to calling ours the 'super wagon'
What a crazy Sunday..what were they thinking having you give a talk when you are so close to your due date? Thats nuts!

Nicole said...

Christmas Christmas everywhere! I love it. It looks like your family is well into the holiday spirit. I love the video of Garen. What fun! The Christmas letters to Santa are adorable. I hope your kids get "most" of what they want. It sounds like they have been good little helpers this year.

suz young said...

How great that you were able to get a fresh tree again. We did too! It is huge and full and we got it at King's!! We add water twice a day, which it is drinking, so hopefully it will stay moist. But there is nothing like kids being around to decorate the tree and add to the wonder of Christmas. Sunday sounded like a very incredible day with talks, dinner with friends etc. You wouldn't have it any other way.

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

I love the tree, my favorite is the picture of the tree in the van and maddies face too funny. I love the letters to Santa, thats great you posted them so you will be able to have them forever.

Melissa Hernandez said...

i love real christmas trees, they smell so good! We atleast upgraded to a pre lit this year (LOL). The kids look adorable in their sunday clothes, they are getting so big. I can't believe you only have 14 days left, good luck!