Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grown-up Maddie

Maddie has been writing her name since she was 3, but I thought she better memorize her last name before Kindergarten. It took her one day to write it all from memory:

Maddie made herself a bed at the bottom of the stairs and then gave Garen a basket and instructed him to bring her stuffed animals and books. Garen did this for about an hour. There was a hug pile of toys at the bottom of the steps, but the kids were happy and entertained for over an hour.



4 comments:

Kelsie said...

HOW CUTE!!! DID THEY SLIDE DOWN THE STAIRS ALSO? THAT WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE. TELL MADDIE "WAY TO GO"

Melissa Hernandez said...

Maddie never stops amazing me!! She is so darling and beyong creative, she's going to ace preschool on the 1st day!!

Robnz Fam said...

That is so cute! Good job Maddie, and way to make the little brother work for ya ;0).

Jann said...

Tell Maddie that she did a great job!
What a fun time Maddie & Garen had. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my sisters and I used to make tents over chairs and spend hours having lots of fun! If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a safe trip and we'll see you at the wedding.
Jann