Friday, July 4, 2008

Pool Break



Yesterday we took a small break from the mundane unpacking and went to the neighbors house for a little pool time. My kids love their little girl Zoey and they loved the pool.
Our pool got another whole in it right before we moved so I just chucked it and have not yet replaced it, so my kids have been missing the pool.
It's weird sometimes here because we've been spending most of our time unpacking and staying in that I forget that we are in a totally different state. But then I remember when I go to call a friend and I have to dial the area code first, or when I have the thought to invite a neighbor over so I can have some company and then realize I don't have neighbors I know well enough yet to just call up and invite over.
But things are coming along nicely. We've met some really nice people that I'm sure will eventually be long time friends and Andy is enjoying his job and learning a lot.

1 comment:

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Its a little different being so far away from family and friends, but it will be fun. It takes a little getting used to then you wont want to leave. I remember the first couple days in Louisville it was sad and depressing then I started to meet a lot of neat people and now I want to live there forever!