Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's been going on here-

Yesterday, Andy finally got a day off. We used this day to get some much needed work out of the way. Andy got the garage all cleaned out and organized so we can park the cars in there now. Also we got some pantry shelves and started our pantry area in the basement.

I spent the day painting the family room, dinning room, kitchen and entrance way. And I am feeling the effects of it today in my sore arms and back, but I'm happy with the more cozy homey look instead of the awful plain white walls. I thought I would keep up the painting for the week, but I might just enjoy what I've done for awhile before starting another room.

We all took a little break outside and washed both cars and cleaned them out (also something that needed to be done very badly!)

Anyway it was very nice to have Andy home and to get things a little more in order around here.

Some other things we've done:

Garen ran into the corner of the wall leaving a huge goose egg. The picture doesn't do it justice. Now it's just a huge purple bruise so I make sure and put a hat on him when we go places or I get lots of look of pity-

We rode our bikes to the library here and the kids loved it! They have a huge play place and little tables full of coloring books and puzzles. They also have tons of neat programs for both the kids. They do toddler storytime and I signed Maddie up for their reading program. After reading so many books she wins prizes and then at the end they have big drawings for things like a new bike, a portable DVD player, a MP3 player, or a hamster and a cage (lets hope she wins one of the first 3). They also have school age activities and crafts every Tuesday-that's where I'm taking Maddie today.-




We also made it to one of their many splash parks. Maddie loved it, but Garen didn't care for big fountains of water that would disappear and then reappear all of a sudden-

This is Garen saying "get me out of here"



Playing at the park. The kids loved the train, so did Andy :)-




And as an end note I just have to say how incredibly nice people around here are! It's not very often he see an LDS person, but you always run into very kind people. Like on Saturday the kids and I went to Walmart. We needed so much stuff including bedding which more than filled up my cart. After 2 hours, $320, and some 30 min in the check out line we headed out with two carts. I was pushing one with a dead wheel and Maddie was doing her best to push the other behind me. A lady walks in the door, looks at her husband and says 'I'll catch up with you' to him and turns around and pushes Maddie's cart out all the while talking to my kids. Then she continues to help me load the back of the van. Now this is something that would never happen in Logan-not that people aren't nice, their just to busy.
Then yesterday at Home Depot I was just trying to grab some plastic of the top shelve, another lady walks by, turns around and gets it down for me, says have a wonderful day and goes on her way.
I know these are just little examples, but its sad that I find them so shocking because I'm not used to people being so generous and it makes me look at myself and wonder if I would do the same? I think I have a lot to learn her in Rock Springs, Wyoming!

8 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

So jealous that you move to Rock Springs and they have a splash park and we don't! :)

How wonderful that there ARE people out there that are that nice! Loved the story of the lady that pushed out the cart for you....how great!

Good job painting! And being pregnant too! I was sooooo tired with Parker I didn't even think about the work that needed to be done, maybe things will be different when I am expecting the 3rd and I have no chance of taking naps! :)

Jann said...

Looks like your are keeping busy as usual. I love the pictures of Maddie at the splash park. Garen's head looks so sore. He is going to be one tough kid. I am excited to come visit you next week. I can't wait to see your house and see what you have done!
Jann

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE nice people. I will think about them for days and days after their kind deed and of course tell everyone about it! Good luck in your new home!

Ben and Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robnz Fam said...

Hey Em! I feel like I'm so behind with your blog. I just got all caught up and I must say that you have been so super busy. What an amazing mom/wife/sister/daughter...etc! Take care of yourself!

Love ya!

SAYDA said...

Glad things are going well. I love to see your mom at church.
Take care and I'm glad there are nice people there. It makes it so much better when you're so far away from family.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Do you guys ever slow down?? p.s. we are all hoping for pictures of your Leonardo Da Vanci talent!!!!

suz young said...

That cracks me up about Maddie running and laughing through the unpredictable water spouting up and Garen hating it. Little boys like to be in charge of their environment, don't they. And that is a rough looking goose egg.
You are an amazing family, always on the go or doing projects!