Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is it time for Kindergarten?

Maddie has been asking me everyday if it is time for her to go to school yet. She is so excited to go to Kindergarten! So instead of answering her question everyday we made a paper chain to show how many more days. I had her write all the numbers on it and then she can just look at the end of the chain each day and it will tell her how many days are left. Today their were 40 more days! This sounds like a lot to Maddie, but I know it will fly by and my little girl will be in school 5 days a week from 9:30AM- 3:30PM before I'm ready for her to be gone.

1 comment:

suz young said...

The paper chains have really come in handy through the years! Good idea to use it now for a visual. I don't know how many hundreds of chains I have helped kindergarteners make for December counting the days to Christmas.
I really like that color purple!