Friday, July 18, 2008

Maddie's room

So today Maddie helped me paint her room. I got sick of all her stuff sitting around the room that needed to be hung up, but I didn't want to hang it on those awful white walls. So I broke down and painted another room. I let Maddie pick the shade of purple and it turned out nice. (I'll post pictures of the family room/ kitchen area after I get the rest of my things hung and cleaned up)


Here's her room all finished, well mostly. I still need to find some curtains-I wish I could make some cute ones like Alisha.;)








Since I wouldn't let Maddie paint however she wanted to in her room, we took the kids outside to let them do some sidewalk paint. They loved it and even painted themselves.-




Maddie and I got to go swimming with her new favorite friend, Zoe and my friend Melissa, from next door-

Maddie reading the first 3 articles of faith (she really has them memorized but she likes to act as if she it reading them). She really is doing a great job with reading, but she's not quite reading words like Atonement and ordinances. ;)-

This is Garen doing some serious 4-wheeling in the unfinished basement. The kids love riding their bike down there as well as playing on the slide and in the tent. It's like an indoor backyard.-

6 comments:

Johnsons said...

Gosh, they're cute. In the video of Maddie "reading" she reminds me a lot of Andy. When she is trying not to smile or look at the camera she looks like him. Garen is so big. Levi will be excited to see all of you.

Jenni said...

The paint color is so cute and it looks like you did a great job with edges. You should be teaching me. I love Maddie's room.

Kelsie said...

I love her room and the color. tell maddie now she has to invite me over for a sleep over... It matches her bed spread well..."GOOD JOB" also that's so awesome how she is reading so well. tell her we miss her!!!
that cute little garen is having some crazy fun on his bike... jordyn would love that.. man he is a ladies man... but remember were saving him for jordyn.. haha.. he so dang cute. emily....
well hope things are going good for you. when are you going to tell me what your having??? i can't wait.. im so excited for you...

Korbi said...

busy busy busy! Tell Maddie she's got an eye for color, I believe my bathroom is the same shade!

Jann said...

Tell Maddie I love her room and that I am anxious to play with her in it when we visit. I can't believe how big Garen looks so big and grown up on his four-wheeler. I am really looking forward to our visit.
Jann

suz young said...

I love how Maddie has memorized the beginning Articles of Faith. I just couldn't quite hear it because of the music. Is there a way to cut the music to hear the videos? Dad and I are not into all the mechanics of these blogs. I love how you got some of your rooms done right away, and the purple is so princess-like. I love Maddie painting her room, and Garen trying to do wheelies.