Thursday, December 27, 2007

CHRISTMAS




What a wonderfully crazy Christmas!

Starting last Sunday night, Garen woke up and threw up everywhere! It was 2AM before we got it cleaned up and Garen back to sleep.

On Monday (Christmas Eve Day) he seemed to be feeling better. Andy worked the whole day while I prepared for Christmas Eve dinner and tried to clean the house while Garen followed me around whining. We had Andy's parents over for dinner, dessert and a Christmas Eve lesson. The food was all out and we were just about to pray when Garen started crying, I picked him up and he hid his face against my chest-Then it happened. A days worth of pedialyte and crackers down my shirt, all over the couch and all over the carpet; and it just kept on coming! Of course the food was cold by the time I got Garen bathed, me showered, the laundry started and the floors cleaned up. The food was still good, but throw-up can put a damper on a meal. Andy's parents were so nice and still held Garen even though they ran the risk of getting sick themselves. But we went on and read the Nativity in the scriptures and had an enjoyable evening. The kids weren't asleep until about 10PM and then Santa's work began.

Christmas morning, Maddie was soooo excited! Garen enjoyed his presents, but wasn't feeling very well. It was nice to be home together, just our little family and enjoy playing with all our fun new things. After all the presents were open we made waffles and just hung out.
Garen took a long morning nap and once again was acting like he felt better. So about 1pm we headed to Andy's house in Clarkston. Out there, Maddie enjoyed her 4 grandmas and 3 grandpas, her aunt, uncle, and baby cousin. Maddie made sure to sit by each grandma at different times throughout the afternoon.

We had a wonderful Christmas lunch followed by opening more wonderful gifts. The highlight was Andy's dad opening his Foosball table we all chipped in to get. He was very surprised. Andy and Zeb put it together and we all played Foosball as well as other games. Garen was good and happy the whole day, but we were careful not to feed him more then toast and Gatorade, just in case.

We returned home at 11pm, as I walked in the door cuddling Garen, it happened again. Throw up all over the front me! So it was another late night once I got everything disinfected and Garen to bed.
I can't believe how quickly Christmas came and went, but I truly enjoyed every minute (except the minutes I got thrown-up on :))
Wednesday, I had Avery starting at 7:30AM and Garen was still not feeling well. Maddie woke up not feeling well-she never throw up thank goodness. But it was quite the day. The house was covered with presents and boxes that needed to be put away, but Garen refused to let me put him down. He throw up 2 more times! He has now had this flu for 4 days! Help! Things relaxed a little when Andy got home about 5 and Avery's mom picked her up about the same time. Andy help me get things put away and cleaned up. Once the kids were in bed we watched one of our new movies and folded laundry! What a great husband I have, now if only he could be home for more then a couple hours a week.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas-with no throwing up! :)

Since we weren't with you when the kids opened your presents, I thought you might like these Mom and Dad. Garen loved his gifts and he kept say 'puppy' because of the Clifford paper, but I didn't get a good vidoe of him on this camera.

3 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

There really is NEVER a dull moment for you huh?!!! Sounds like you had a good Christmas though, sorry you got thrown up on so much! Yuck!
Poor Garen!

Happy New Years!

Nicole said...

I liked your pictures. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Sorry Garen was sick and you got to wear so much of it. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Robnz Fam said...

Oh poor little guy! How is he doing now? What a fun/busy few days. I love Christmas so much too. I look forward to the end of the year every year for family, friends, and more family and friends :0). We are still in Burley and we both can't even bring ourselves to talk about going back...but the day will come so quick :0(. You take care, and tell Garen to stop throwing up on his mommy :0).