Monday, December 31, 2007

Just an update

These are just a few things that have been going on lately-
Car situation:


Andy's back is doing much better now. He still is going to the Chiropractor about once a week, but he's feeling back to normal. We received our money for the cash out of his truck. It was more then we expected, but still not quite enough to buy a new vehicle.

We've been looking at used SUV's, but have come to realize that if we want to avoid having a car payment and still get a vehicle that has less then 100,000 miles on it we need to look at vans. Andy of course hates this idea and I would prefer something else, but this is what we can afford. We're trying very hard to be practical, but it's hard to go look in the car lots and see all these wonderful new SUV's and have to drive past them to the back where the used minivans are. Someday we'll get to pick out just what we want, but for now we will try and find something that is best for our family. So far we prefer the Dodge Grand Caravans out of all the minivans.
Garen:

Garen is still throwing up, I'm not quite sure what to do with him. He goes a day or two and then just throws up again. He is having a horrible time with these last 4 teeth, but I can't imagine them making him throw up like that.

Garen has been going to nursery for a couple weeks now. He will enjoy himself in there only if either Andy or I am next to him. He would probably do better if there wasn't a big scary lady with a loud voice that's in there, but oh well.

Another hair cut. Man, this kids hair grows like crazy!
I promise Andy was not hurting him, Garen was just sick of sitting there. Hey Mandy, I think Joren taught him that "ooww" thing. :)

Church:

On Sunday the primary president saw me and said, let me get you your new manual. So I thought oh, they must have come out with new updated manuals. When she hands it to me I notice it says Sunbeams. She looked at me and said, "I guess nobody has called and talked to you." So long story short they take all the primary teachers and switch them around, so instead of the 11/12 year olds we now have the Sunbeams next week. Which is fine with me; I like all the ages. When I told Andy he said, 'oh we get to have Maddie.' I had to remind him that our little girl is growing up and is now a CTR 5!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Sorry about the car worries. Doesn't it stink that the wreck wasn't your fault and yet you have deal with purchasing a new vehicle because of it.
We start Lizzie in Nursery next week and I'm a little nervous, any advice? I hope Garen starts to feel better soon.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Good luck with the car situation. Is the silver van one you are considering?!? It looks nice.

We just rearranged all of our Primary teachers to different classes :)
Taylor went through a phase where Troy or I had to stay in there with her for a little while but then all of a sudden she decided she LOVED Nursery and gets so excited when she gets to play with the toys and insists on hugging ALL of the leaders upon entering! Good thing she likes it so much because she will be 2 weeks off of turning 4 before she gets to leave! January babies have it a little difficult in that department! :)

Good luck with all the other chaos your life is full of! Chaos but sounds like sooooo much fun! I wish we lived closer so that we could be included more in that life!
Luvs

Robnz Fam said...

Oh the sunbeam age...if only I could remember! Good luck on the car hunting. I'm excited to see what you end up getting.
Andy! Great job on the haircut! He should of cut Maddi's...hehe!