Sunday, December 23, 2007

Weekend in Burley

On Friday the kids and I went to Burley. It was fun to spend time with my parents and to go to Carrol's house after I put my kids to bed. It was like we were kids again-laughing and talking. ( I miss you already Carrol!). On Saturday, Carrol was nice enough to take time out of her schedule to cut Maddie's hair. I've wanted to cut it for awhile but wasn't sure what to do. Thanks Carrol, it looks super cute and Maddie loves it!!!
Maddie and Carrol's baby Emi-

Carrol cutting Maddie's hair-

New Dew-


Saturday afternoon I went to Chanc's baby shower. It was so fun to see all you girls and get caught up on your lives, and children, and pregnant bellies!

Saturday night I took the kids to my grandma and grandpa's house. They are so fun to be around and talk to. Unfortunately, Garen doesn't do well in unfamiliar places with unfamiliar people so he screamed a lot. But Maddie enjoyed her time with her great grandma!
I went to church with my parents on Sunday (I didn't see you there Carrol). I was pleasantly surprised to find out my dad was talking in Sacrament meeting-he gave a beautiful talk about Christ. Right after church I headed home to beat the up coming bad weather.
It was a wonderful weekend and well worth the trip! Thanks for being pregnant Chanc so we could all get together! :)

Grandma Sue, Garen, and Maddie. Garen didn't appreciate us trying to get a nice Christmas shot-

Merry Christmas from my lovely kids-


At Grandma Sue's house Maddie spends a lot of her time on the piano. She loves to turn the primary book pages, sing what song she thinks it is, and play the made up tune. Even more than playing herself she loves it when grandpa Paul plays her favorite primary songs. She tries to help by playing some of her own notes and she likes to sing along. Maddie's other favorite thing about grandpa Paul is the fact that he speaks Spanish. Maddie makes up words all the time and tells me it's Spanish for ____. Thanks Mom and Dad for being so kind and teaching Maddie new things!

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Even though I saw Maddie's hair at Carrol's I just had to say HOW ADORABLE it is! LOVE IT!

I also love the 'happy' holiday pics of the kids!

It was so good to see you!

Nicole said...

Cute pictures. Good job on Maddie's hair Carrol- it is really cute. Hey if being pregnant is what it takes to get together, well, I'll see what I can do every few years- but we may need to take turns. I think Natalie should have a wedding so we have an excuse for summer. :)

Jenni said...

I love Maddie's new hair cut and her Christmas dress is too cute.

Robnz Fam said...

EMILY! That hair do is SO super cute!! hehe. I seriously think she looks like a little model! Can she come over so I can give her another squeeze??? I love the pic of Em and Maddi, they have identical eyes...should I be worried...hehe :0). I loved seeing you and spending time with you Em, who doesn't though?!! Love you! Miss you! ~me