Monday, December 3, 2007

The Week in Boise

On Wednesday, the kids and I headed to Burley then on to Boise. I stayed with my sister Mandy and had so much fun spending time with her and my mom. Madelyn loved playing with her cousin Kaisa all day and having a sleepover with her each night. While we were there we were able to get in some shopping, I did a Pampered Chef party for Mandy, and we celebrated Kaisa's 5th birthday with a beautiful princess tea party. Here are some pictures of the birthday party, my sister decorated is so cute! The 12 girls even got a red carpet to walk in on like real royalty.
The princesses eating their flower and butterfly shaped sandwhiches and drinking their raspberry lemonade-

Kaisa and her cake-

Garen was the only boy in the house and he did not act to much like a prince :(
(you can see the pin-the-crown-on-the-princess game in the back ground)

Cousins Kaisa, Savannah, and Emma with Maddie in the middle-

Princess Maddie-

Maddie and Kaisa waiting for the party to start-

Each girl got to come down the red carpet and have her picture taken, then during the party my mom ran to walmart and made copies for each girl to put in her picture frame that they painted and decorated-

Maddie and her cousin Miriam-

The party was so much fun, my sister had so many good ideas! They played the princess and the pea game. My sister painted a golf ball green and then she would hide it under one of the several decrotive pillows, then the girls got to sit on each pillow and decide which one had the pea (golf ball)to see if they were a real princess.
At the party each girl got a crown, princess fruit snacks, a ring with their birth stone on it, their own decorated picture frame and a cute thing to hand on their wall that says 'princess.'

It was kind of sad to come home because I really enjoyed spending time with my mom and Mandy. But it was nice to sleep in my bed and have the kids sleep through the night in their own beds and of course I missed my husband. Now I get to spend today unpacking our stuff and catching up on all the stuff that has been put off all week.

This is Maddie singing 'I am a Child of God' and playing it on the piano at my parent's house.
I like it when she sings "Parents kind as deer." :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so adorable! What fun ideas and I bet those girls really felt like royalty. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with your fam. Good luck getting unpacking and catching up!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

what a cute party, she went all out. How fun for all the little girls!

Robnz Fam said...

That is just so cute. Your mom is such a sweetie, and has the best idea's too. What a fun time. How did your party go up there?

Ben and Sara said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! Abby loved seeing the birthday pictures and was a little sad that all her fun girl cousins were there and she wasn't. But now that we are back in Utah will be able to get together more often, hopefully. I'll see you on Saturday!