Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moving Weekend...

On Friday, my parents and sister Sara came to help. While they watched the kids me and Andy signed the papers for selling our condo and also for our home in Rock Springs. Sara helped me finish packing my whole kitchen and cleaning out the cupboards. It was so nice to have them here, we are sad that we are moving even further away from them.



On Saturday, we took a little break from packing and headed to Bear Lake for a family reunion. On our way home we picked up the Uhaul and spent the rest of the evening loading it. Thanks so much to Brenda and Jon and Boyd and Jann for their help!




















Giving some goodbye hugs-






























So first thing tomorrow we'll clean out the rest of the house and we are off to Rock Springs! Wish us luck and you will hear from us when we get our Internet hookup over their.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Good luck Emily. I hope everything goes well. Reading this post has me getting all teary-eyed. I'm not sure why. I think it is just the undertones of excitement, nervousness, and the sadness of leaving a well-loved place, that is all too familiar to me. I know soon enough you will find you have created some relationships and bonds in Rock Springs, and they will eventually fill some of the void of the friends and places back home. But until then you get to feel the pangs of adjusting. I hope you're doing well with the baby. I can't wait to hear from you. Take care.

dersley said...

Hope the move goes well and you all adjust to Rock Springs quickly.

suz young said...

It was great to be with you and Sara and grandkids Friday. When we had to say our good-byes we had the knowledge that we are all just a phone call away. I was so glad to hear that you all made it to Rock Springs in your vehicles traveling there and that the kids like their new house. You have a wonderful adventure ahead of you in this new relocation!