Saturday, June 14, 2008

What would the world be like without a best friend?

My world is a wonderful, happy, and funny place because of my best friend!
My best friend Carrol came yesterday! It was so fun to have her here, I wish she could have stayed the whole weekend! I miss her already!

I felt bad because my house was torn apart when Carrol arrived. There were people ripping my kitchen floor up to fix a plank that had cracked and I was in the middle of a mess making cookies while two of my neighbors Melissa and Lori and their kids were over playing in the pool along with several other neighborhood kids. So it was kind of chaos. But so much fun!

My favorite part was watching her little girl, Emily crawling in and out of the cold water, getting splashed in the face and just smiling the whole time! What a cutie!

Carrol, you made my day so much brighter, thanks for making the trip and for all the wonderful gifts!!!
In Carrol's short visit, she even found time to cute Maddie's hair for me and give her cute shorter summer due-
Emi-
Maddie, Emi, and Garen



Father's Day Dinner

Right after Carrol left we headed out to Clarkston for a Father's Day dinner (Andy will be working Saturday night and Sunday night so we had it early). While we were there, Maddie and I got to take a little ride on the neighbors horse.

It was a fun evening with good food and fun games.
Boyd opening his presents-
my kids attacking Uncle Zeb-


At the Zoo
Last night we didn't get home till 11pm and then still had to put the kids to bed. Then this morning I was up at 7am to start cleaning up the effects of the last couple days-dishes unwashed, laundry piled up, new birthday toys everywhere, wet swimsuits and towels, and so on. I had till 10:30 when the people were coming to inspect our home! Luckily with Andy's help we got it mostly cleaned up. While they took over our house we headed to Willow Park Zoo.


watching the monkeys-
Garen liked the big turtle as long as it didn't move closer to him-
Maddie waiting for the peacock to open it's feathers-
Garen watching the wallaby jump around-

Surprise Party?
So after we got home, had lunch, Andy went to work, and Garen laid down for a nap, I took my chance to lay down for a minute to get rid of a headache. About 20 minutes after I had laid down I heard noise downstairs. I go to check on Maddie and she had taken it upon herself to invite the neighbors over telling them all that there was going to be a big party. Maddie had it all planned, she was even making the older girls blow up balloons. Well, I didn't want to ruin their fun so instead I got the camera and some crafts for them to make and we had a party.

2 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Em! You are such a sweetheart! My world is a wonderful, happy, and funny place because of my best friend! I think that you took the words right out of my mouth...I was thinking the EXACT same thing :0)! I wish I was still there. When I got home Seth asked me what we did and if I had fun. DUH! Heck yes we had a BLAST! I love being with you and watching your adorable kids too. Garen and Emi would of had a BLAST playing and splashing in the water together. Too bad their naps were at opposite times! They are going to LOVE those pictures together...someday ;0)! How did Andy like the new do? She looks so so so cute, her eyes are so beautiful! Thanks for letting us come over on a busy day!!!

And I guess it looks like you didn't get to come home as early as you wanted huh!? At least you were out having a blast, I want to take Emi to see animals so bad. Everytime she see's a dog or a bird or a duck (especially a duck) she goes crazy and starts laughing and growling at it at the same time!

Sorry for the long comment, how boring for ya ;0). Love ya Em! I miss you tons already, I hope that we can figure out a weekend in WY. soon!!!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Another cute and busy post!
I don't know what you are talkin' about you look great!
Maddie's hair looks cute! Where you nervous to cut so much off?!?! I would be freakin' out! :)

Will you send me your new address in Rock Springs. I am sending out Birth announcements of Parker T and want to send you one...