Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Maddie's 5th Birthday...

So for Maddie's birthday yesterday, we met some friends at the pool for a little fun. (well, fun for them and chaos for me :)) I had Avery today so I got a little glimpse of what it would be like to take two year old twins to a huge pool with lots of people! They all had a lot of fun! I just had to spend an extra $16 to buy the new state wide plastic pants that all kids 3 and under have to wear to get into the pools this summer.
While at the pool, Maddie was just tall enough to go down the water slide all by herself. She was a little nervous at first, but once she did it she did not want to stop. The lifeguards kept asking, "how old is she, 3?" "she looks so little". But Maddie would make sure everyone at the pool knew that she is now 5 years old!

Avery and Maddie just happened to have matching swimsuits so everyone really thought all the kids were mine-

Avery-

Garen getting a little to deep-

Maddie-

Maddie and Jacob-

Maddie going down the water slide by herself for the first time-


Later we had Andy's parents and his sister and her family over for dinner and opening presents.



Maddie listening to her musical card-

Since we had so much left over cake from Saturday's party we just reused the cupcakes to sing to her again-

The Hannah Montana bed spread from Andy's parents-
Maddie and Garen fighting over the Hannah Montana sheets, don't worry they both win in the end-

6 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Fun Fun Fun!

Love Maddie's swim suit, her hair when her and Garen were rolling around in the blanket and Holy Hannah Montana Galore! She got hooked up :)

I would have re-used the cup cakes from the other day too, if I put in as much time as you did in the previous party!

Robnz Fam said...

How fun! That little girl must be loving life right now! Whenever I see/hear of Hannah Montana I think of our song :0)...ahhh...I miss you guys!

Once again...HAPPY BDAY MADDI! I love sharing our bday's so close ;0).

Kelsie said...

looks like a good birthday... Happy Birthday Maddy.... and way to hit the slides!!!

Kelsie said...

looks like a good birthday... Happy Birthday Maddy.... and way to hit the slides!!!

dersley said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

And you are brave. I have been trying to convince myself that I can take Luke and Lilly to the pool alone, but have yet to have the guts to try it.

Melissa Hernandez said...

happy birthday! I am so jealous you went to the pool! We are out in SD visitng my parents and we were hoping to go swimming a few times (since it is June), and it's rained the entire time!!! I was just checking to see if you have had any offers on your house since I haven't talked to you for a couple weeks.