Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to some wonderful dads!...


First of all Happy Father's day to my dear sweet husband! I could not ask for a better father for our kids. The kids are so excited every time Andy enters the room! Andy is always playing with them and teaching them new games. I love watching Garen follow Andy around and copy his every move. And I love the patience and understanding he shows each day with the kids when I'm ready to smack one of them. You can always see him incorporating gospel principles into the kids' daily play, whether he's reading them a story, playing a game, wrestling or having a tea party with his daughter! My kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful father!

Next, Happy Father's Day to my very own father! Thank you for your unconditional love even when I know I wasn't very easy to love. Thank you for showing there is a more effective way to teach a lesson than through anger. Thank you for your perfect example that has never faltered. Because of you I hold very high spiritual expectations for myself and my family. Thank you for never missing any of my important and even not so important events as a kid, even though I know you were extremely busy. And thank you for being a grandfather that my kids can look to for wisdom and as an example of the pure love of Christ.

Last but definitely not least, my father-in-law, who raised and amazing son! Thank you for always being around and for being another wonderful father figure in my kid's lives. You are as tough as rock on the outside but within you hold the softest heart I've ever known. Thank you for showing my kids how much they are loved and for supporting all of us in everything we pursue; whether it's moving, having another child, or simply a ballet recital or a soccer game. My kids will be better people for being around you and learning from you.

1 comment:

Robnz Fam said...

Em, what a sweet, sweet post. I just have to say that everything you said about your own dad is so true, except for the part when you said that it wasn't very easy to love you sometimes. You are SO easy to love, even your parents will say that! Happy Father's Day to you too Andy!