Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Garen's 2nd Birthday

Today was Garen's second birthday. I sang to him all day, but most of the time he would just yell 'no' and want me to stop. We had a little family party and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and had salads and corn on the cob. The party guests included: Grandma Jann, Grandpa Boyd, Great Grandma Janene, Great Grandpa Roger, Aunt Amber, Uncle Zeb, cousin Levi, And friends Brenda and Danny.

We had a Diego themed party since that is who Garen loves. Every morning he comes down stairs and says 'Go Diego Go.' We had Diego plates and cups and Diego cupcakes. Garen got tons of fun presents including cars, trucks, tractors and some new Diego bedding and toys. It was a fun night. I can't believe my baby is 2 years old. I kept telling Garen to say I'm 2, but he would just say 3 since that is the number that comes after two. I should have told him he was one then he might have said 2. :)



My camera is having problems so my pictures turned out blurry, I'll have to get copies of what Amber and Zeb took with their nice camera that doesn't take blurry pictures! ;)

Maddie was very helpful in making sure Garen always had a present in front of him to open up and to help him open it if he was taking to long-






Garen's shy face while everyone sang (at least he wasn't screaming 'no' like he did to me all day if I would sing)-

Why use a spoon when your mouth and hands can get the job done?-




5 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Garen, I can't believe you are 2 already!! Even though the pics are a little bit blurry, they still turned out so cute. Garen got some great gifts there! At least you know that Garen will have the number 3 down for next year too ;0).

Can't wait to see you all Friday!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Garen! It sounds like the party was a hit.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday!

I can totally picture him telling you to stop singing to him! He is such a shy little cutie!
Small little family parties are sometimes always the BEST!

I am still debating on coming tomorrow, Taylor has only had ONE accident in 2 1/2 days, but I am soooo nervous! :)

Give Garen a hug/kiss from me and maybe a little song too! LOL

Melissa Hernandez said...

Happy B-day Garen, what a QT!

Korbi said...

oh my goodness. I was doing a little catch up and YOU have a lot to catch up on. Congrats on baby #3! So exciting, and new house, new state, new job. new toddler.... :) Happy Birthday to Garen